how much co2 to carb a corny - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > how much co2 to carb a corny

Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
KingPin
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Lethbridge, Canada
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello,

I am going to be starting in on my first batch of forced carb soda but i'm wondering how much CO2 it takes to complete the process. I have a smaller tank that I've been using for doing my 2L bottles for a while; it's not empty or anything but should I get a charge first before doing my korny?

King

Old 10-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7846 Times on 5498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPin View Post
Hello,

I am going to be starting in on my first batch of forced carb soda but i'm wondering how much CO2 it takes to complete the process. I have a smaller tank that I've been using for doing my 2L bottles for a while; it's not empty or anything but should I get a charge first before doing my korny?

King
You're going to carb up a 5 gallon keg? It doesn't take much gas, but I can't tell you how much for sure. One 5# tank tends to last me for about 5-7 5- gallon kegs, from force carbing to dispensing (assuming no leaks, of course!).

Old 10-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
KingPin
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Lethbridge, Canada
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for. I should be able to do do a few up then. I missed out on canadian thanksgiving but i'll try for one for end of november. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
You're going to carb up a 5 gallon keg? It doesn't take much gas, but I can't tell you how much for sure. One 5# tank tends to last me for about 5-7 5- gallon kegs, from force carbing to dispensing (assuming no leaks, of course!).