My boil is going on as i type this.
I asked a lady in the water labor of our water provider.
So the amount of calcium in my tapwater was around 80ppm, my alkalinity was around 380 so i added about 100ppm calcium before boiling the water which in my calculations was enough to bring down the alkalinity plus let me have some remaining calcium after the boil.
I used 4% sauermalz.
I measured mash ph around 10 and 20 minutes in and both times the ph looked good on the ph paper. (in the first case it looked like it could have been below 5.2, i need to get an electric ph meter soon)
So thank you guys, it seems like i was able to lower the mash ph.
i used this paper btw: http://www.stonehelm.co.uk/Equipment...ps5.2-6.8pH20s