Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New Mash Tun Question

Old 10-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Radobrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default New Mash Tun Question

Howdy,

I'm building a new mash tun with a rectangular cooler. I'm using the stainless steel braid shell of a water heater hose as a filter. Can you use the rubber hose inside the stainless sleeve for the run-off hose? I assume it is high heat resistant.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 296 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radobrewer
Howdy, I'm building a new mash tun with a rectangular cooler. I'm using the stainless steel braid shell of a water heater hose as a filter. Can you use the rubber hose inside the stainless sleeve for the run-off hose? I assume it is high heat resistant.
Sure.

List of exBEERiments

How To Easily Harvest Clean Yeast from Starters

Make Good Lager in Less Time!

Marshall "Brulosopher" Schott

Old 10-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
snowtires
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 45 Posts

I don't think those hoses are for potable water. And your beer might taste like hose

Edit: I just read that again. Never mind what I said. Time for bed
Drinking: Beer from the store :(