Jester king , texas question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srceenplay

Reaction score
At the end of the month I'm going to Galveston for a cruise. My cruise ends on a Sunday. My question is can you buy beer in Texas on Sunday and is there any good places to buy beer, specifically jester king, right off the hi way between Galveston and Kansas.

At the end of the month I'm going to Galveston for a cruise. My cruise ends on a Sunday. My question is can you buy beer in Texas on Sunday and is there any good places to buy beer, specifically jester king, right off the hi way between Galveston and Kansas.

depends on the location selling the beer. in Smith County where I just moved from you could only buy beer from a store that sold beer only on Sundays. example a store with booze, wine, and beer under the same roof was not allowed to sell just the beer on Sundays. now a super market might be different. I think it all depends on the county. I've no idea about good places to buy beer in that area, I suggest google searching liquor stores and making some phone calls to see what they carry.

-=Jason=-

In Houston and the surrounding counties you can buy beer/wine on Sunday after Noon (12:01pm). So before noon you cannot buy any alcohol. Liquor stores are closed on Sunday and they usually have the best selection. Your best bet is to find a HEB/Central Market or Whole foods. In the woodlands (north Houston) stop by hubble and hudsons. Great selection and just off the freeway. i live 5 minutes away and worth stopping by. Do a search for the places I listed and see which ones can work for you. Sadly Spec's will be close and would have been your best bet. If you are in Galveston and want a beer/food. Just down the street where you get on and off the boat there is Brew's Brothers on The Strand. Highly recommend this place. Good food and great beers

hope this helps

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I dont know if I will still be around there buy noon. Hope so but I'm sure everyone will want to hurry and start driving back as soon as we get off the boat.

I will look up the FW area just in case.

There's a Central Market on Hulen St. about a 5 minute drive on I30 west from I35W when going through FW. My fiance gives me two minutes to pick out a beer when we go, otherwise I would never leave. :mug:

There is a grocery store chain in Texas called HEB. They all will have most of the Jester King offerings

DisturbdChemist said:
I've seen it at Whole foods and HEBs though Jester King is hard to find even in Texas
i don't want to hear that. Oh well, if I can't find JK then I'll be all right finding DFH. :)

After trying at two specs north of Galveston I found some at a HEB. 18 mix pack of bottles. I'm happy. Wife isn't. Lol.

Back