Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Magic Chef keezer

Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #21
Professor Frink
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodsterBrewMan
I'm curious if you are experiencing cooling loss because you didn't insulate the wood? Anyone given this any thoughts?
It's not a big problem because, while wood isn't a great insulator, it isn't terrible. But more important, since the cold air sinks, you don't lose too much of it at the top.

On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Old 04-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #22
salzar
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was thinking of buying this freezer or the 5.4cuft, is the collar needed if you go through the lid(no lines in lid)

Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
Atl300zx
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

can you show ur 3 keg configuration? i have this freezer and could only fit 2 in there.
Bottles: Triple Berry Apple Cider, Cote Apple Cider, Wild Blackberry Apple Cider, Dim Wit II, Mighty Porter
Kegs: 4Cs IPA - The Diamond Standard, Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Clone.
On Deck: The "Three Stouts", Wild Blackberry Mead, Irish Red

Jaded Spirits DIY Stirplate
Blog @ JadedSpirits.com
Blog @ HBT

Old 05-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #24
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinks View Post
Yup, another keezer thread....

I got a 10% off coupon from homedepotmoving.com and decided to grab the $199 7.2cu freezer that they had. Its not the best freezer for this task but it will do what I need. If it was a tad wider you could fit 4 cornies in it, but I can only mange to get two in with a lot of wasted space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Brewer View Post
Why are you only able to fit 2 kegs? I have a 7.0cu/ft and can fit four 5 gallon with a 2.5/3gallon keg on the hump for 5 kegs total. Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies View Post
You arent trying hard enough my friend. Either that or Magic Chef changed their design. Beerific and I both have the same 7.2 cubic feet keezer and we both can fit 4 cornies and a carboy on the hump. Great work on the collar though.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=39343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific View Post
I have exactly the same one and can get 4 cornies in their. I am just getting into kegging so I haven't gotten a chance to add the taps to the front. Looks good, I am thinking about paint mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl300zx View Post
can you show ur 3 keg configuration? i have this freezer and could only fit 2 in there.
Could people post the exact model number of the Magic Chef they are using and what they fit in it? I think we may be talking about 2 different Magic Chef models. I've seen references to a 7.0CF and a 7.2CF and ironically, it appears that the 7.0CF layout will accommodate 4 cornies on the floor and the 7.2CF may only allow 2.

I called a Home Depot closest to me regarding the 7.2CF Magic Chef, model # MCCF7WBX and a gentlemen measured the inside for me before I drove there. He measured it at 17"X20". Not sure how accurate his measurements were, but I lined up 4 cornies and home and cannot get 4 to fit in 17"x20". Not sure 3 is even possible.

I know with a 8" collar you can fit two on the hump, but ideally you get 4 tight on the floor.

Can someone confirm the model # and how many cornies they fit on the floor?

Warren

Old 05-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #25
cubbies
Tastes like butterdirt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'm sorry, I dont have my model number, I will try and remember to get to it sometime this weekend, but I am 99% sure mine is the 7.2 cubic foot model. It looks exactly like Beerifics.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #26
Choguy03
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What, nobody wanted to dovetail the collar???

Looks nice, I am jealous.

:Fermentation Cabinet:

Primary: Bee Cave Bavarian Hefe
Secondary: Nothing
Bottled: Nothing
On Deck: Gumball Head Clone (Jekster)

Old 06-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #27
Hill Country Brewer
Recipes 

I was about to get one from Home Depot and I thought I would check Craigslist. Found one for $75 just listed this morning so I figured it was meant to be.

Thanks for the pictures...I'll be assembling this next week.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #28
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBugeater View Post
Could people post the exact model number of the Magic Chef they are using and what they fit in it? I think we may be talking about 2 different Magic Chef models. I've seen references to a 7.0CF and a 7.2CF and ironically, it appears that the 7.0CF layout will accommodate 4 cornies on the floor and the 7.2CF may only allow 2.

I called a Home Depot closest to me regarding the 7.2CF Magic Chef, model # MCCF7WBX and a gentlemen measured the inside for me before I drove there. He measured it at 17"X20". Not sure how accurate his measurements were, but I lined up 4 cornies and home and cannot get 4 to fit in 17"x20". Not sure 3 is even possible.

I know with a 8" collar you can fit two on the hump, but ideally you get 4 tight on the floor.

Can someone confirm the model # and how many cornies they fit on the floor?

Warren
The freezer I have, and in the pictures above is MCCF7WBX and will hold 4 cornies that have a diameter of 8.25''. I also measure 17''x20''. I think it all depends on the size of your kegs.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:03 AM   #29
Rockybottom

Recipes 

I also have them same freezer, mine holds four also. My design is without a collar but with a four faucet "coffin" style.

Secondary 3 :
Kegged: , Ed's Apfelwein, Blueberry, Mild Ale
Up next : Dry Irish Stout, Dunk

Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #30
nathan
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

are you putting the carboy in to just crash cool it for transferring?
You could lager in a cornie, if that's what the carboy is in there for, and you can turn a cornie lagering keg on it's side as well if you need to (just stand it up if you are venting it).