Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Jester King Brewery

Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
gometz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 137 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiptasia View Post
They just started distributing here. Every beer i've had by JK so far has been an instant drain pour. Then again, I don't understand people's obsessions with sours. Cool that they brew in a dusty barn, I guess.
They have non-sour beers as well. Noble King is a good farmhouse IPA and Black Metal is a great imperial stout.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
gometz
Recipes 

If I remember correctly I think they said they were building a new barrel room (the current one is pretty tiny). Hopefully in a year or two they will have a much larger production capability.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
bford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I'm not a big trader by any means.... but they are one of the best beers to trade with people outside of Texas.

I'm not a big fan, but I'm glad they do what they do.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4255 Times on 3748 Posts
Likes Given: 1376

Yeah, if farmhouse and sour aren't words that get you tingly, most of JK is not for you.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #15
barrooze
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bford View Post
When RU55 was out I saw it at a few places in Houston. Specs, HEB's and my small, local gas station craft store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post
D and Q right? Wish that was local for me
The people that own Nobi Public House also own a Vietnamese restaurant called Nobi Asian Grill on 528 near Blackhawk. At this location, they also own a Shell gas station that has a ton of craft beer. Definitely check them out if you're out that way.
Kegged: BOSON on Rhubarb, Dry-Hopped Sour Brown (ECY01), Ginger Strawberry, IPA, DIPA Primary: 10G BoPils (WLP802, S23) Souring: None On Deck: TBD On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Atrial Rubicite clone (ECY20), Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2015/08/06
Untappd: barrooze

Old 01-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #16
rxpx40
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I was fortunate to be one of the first 200 folks to their open house. Their beers then were what put them on the map. I still enjoy the black metal but some of the stranger things they've been brewing have turned me away. Thirsty Planet is just around the corner.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #17
gometz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpx40 View Post
I was fortunate to be one of the first 200 folks to their open house. Their beers then were what put them on the map. I still enjoy the black metal but some of the stranger things they've been brewing have turned me away. Thirsty Planet is just around the corner.
I still like most of the beers but lately they have been doing a lot of fruit infused beers which isn't my thing at all.

On another note: guy at LHBS told me that Mad Meg, Noble King and Petite Prince will be released again soon using their native yeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post
D and Q right? Wish that was local for me
I just learned about this place this week and need to check it out. I am lucky enough to work in Freeport and just checked out a small grocery store that gets surprisingly good beers this week. Sure enough, El Cedro, Noble King, Wunderkind, Wytchmaker, Petit Prince and Mad Meg were all there.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #18
barrooze
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 167

El Cedro was absolutely amazing. Next time I see it I'm buying them out!
Kegged: BOSON on Rhubarb, Dry-Hopped Sour Brown (ECY01), Ginger Strawberry, IPA, DIPA Primary: 10G BoPils (WLP802, S23) Souring: None On Deck: TBD On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Atrial Rubicite clone (ECY20), Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2015/08/06
Untappd: barrooze

Old 01-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #19
bford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
The people that own Nobi Public House also own a Vietnamese restaurant called Nobi Asian Grill on 528 near Blackhawk. At this location, they also own a Shell gas station that has a ton of craft beer. Definitely check them out if you're out that way.
Oh, I frequent both regularly. Was going to the gas station a couple of years before they opened NPH.

Im' going to try and make it to Nobi today to get some Lagunitas Sucks on tap before it is gone.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
gometz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrooze View Post
El Cedro was absolutely amazing. Next time I see it I'm buying them out!
Head down to Lake Jackson, they had 4-5 bottles left on Wednesday. I have two in my bottle storage and one in the fridge right now.