Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Another question...
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Another question...

Why does my fruit bag float after fermentation starts? I know this is a fundamental question but I just got into whole fruits after a few years of kits and juices..

Is it because of sugar in the berries getting fermented and the co2 getting stuck in the skins?? I only ask because pre-pitch, my fruit bag settled down to the bottom but is up at the top every time I check (yes I punch the cap down several times a day with my spoon)

Just curious as to what's going on and want to know, and as they say, knowing is half the bottle... Err battle...

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerman
as they say, knowing is half the bottle... Err battle... -PM

yea. It's the gasses being released inside the bag. Perfectly normal
Primary: Sparkling White Grape Peach Wine

Secondary: Coco-Strawberry Wine, Pumpkin Wine, Apple Cider

Bottled/Aging: Pear Wine, Strawberry Wine, Blueberry/Blackberry Wine, Mixed Berry Wine (Blueberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, & Cherry), Jalapeno Liquor, Skeeder Pee
Arpolis Likes This