HBT dictionary...or commonly misspelled brew terms - Page 17 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > HBT dictionary...or commonly misspelled brew terms
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #161
CamT
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Aspen, Colorado
Posts: 26

There is a "do not tell list"? Dang!!! The things I learn from asking questions.... I guess I better do my homework and use the "context clues"!


__________________
To brew; or not to brew? What kind of a question is that!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #162
CamT
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Aspen, Colorado
Posts: 26

A little bit of research goes a long way! I have been educated and entertained at the same time. (EAC = HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not worthy!)


__________________
To brew; or not to brew? What kind of a question is that!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #163
curlyfat
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2010
Wyoming
Posts: 4,395
Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts


Geeze, where's the sense of adventure these days? SWMBO was a ten-second search to figure out.

EAC, now that was a fun night! I spent what seemed like hours tracking that one down! All to find out it was simply Enormous Anal Cavity. I really thought it would be something more fun/x-rated than that!


 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #164
BigB
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 1,755
Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfat View Post
Geeze, where's the sense of adventure these days? SWMBO was a ten-second search to figure out.

EAC, now that was a fun night! I spent what seemed like hours tracking that one down! All to find out it was simply Enormous Anal Cavity. I really thought it would be something more fun/x-rated than that!

I can tell you that if you think EAC means what you listed, I can assure you that you are wrong. But, I'll assume you are joking anyways because you also would have discovered that you could be tortured for posting it!
__________________
I love the sound of an airlock bubbling in the morning. It sounds like.....VICTORY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #165
CheCulo
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Locust Grove, Virginia
Posts: 9

Is there a post on here for all the acronyms, i.e. MLT, HLT, BK? I'm a real newbie with a lot of brewing stuff given to me and I'm dying to be drinking beer made by me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #166
AndyandRewBrewers
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 6

Great thread! Thank you.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #167
stillbrewin
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
st paul, mn
Posts: 46
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Seriously! Why is etc. a preposition?

If I end a sentence in et cetera. Would that be correct?

Wikipedia defines etc. as latin for "and other things", or "and so forth".

Forth, nor things are not prepositions.

I understand why you do not end a sentance with a preposition.

I suck at grammer and puncuation, but I am pretty good at spelling.

Educate me please.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #168
mike20793
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Cookeville, TN
Posts: 205
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbrewin
Seriously! Why is etc. a preposition?

If I end a sentence in et cetera. Would that be correct?

Wikipedia defines etc. as latin for "and other things", or "and so forth".

Forth, nor things are not prepositions.

I understand why you do not end a sentance with a preposition.

I suck at grammer and puncuation, but I am pretty good at spelling.

Educate me please.
Typically prepositions show the relationship between two or more nouns (there are special cases like "of"). That is why et cetera is a preposition. It used to be abbreviated &c.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #169
Darren231
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
Posts: 13

Old thread but I have to add refridgerate to the list. Also, unsanitary should actually be insanitary but I'm afraid momentum is too strong to turn that train around.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #170
BigB
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 1,755
Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren231 View Post
unsanitary should actually be insanitary
Insanitary: adj. So unclean as to be a likely cause of disease.
Unsanitary: adj. Not sanitary; adj. not conducive to or promoting health; dirty or unhygienic.

That may be a bit hyper-technical for a home brewing forum.

With you on the "refridgerate" issue though


__________________
I love the sound of an airlock bubbling in the morning. It sounds like.....VICTORY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Brew Beer In A Coffee Maker, Using Only Materials Commonly Found On A Modestly Albi General Beer Discussion 2 09-04-2009 04:47 PM


Forum Jump