So. Decided to make a Oatmeal stout tonight. Need to get some winter beer ready!
Decided to have a few before brewing. All went great untill I had to move 6.5g of wort from my drive way to the back of the house to where I could run my wort chiller. Very quickly I learned a few things!!!
1. Oatmeal stout smell/brews amazing!!!
2. Boiling wort FU*KING hurts!!!!!
3. Never hit the valve that controls your boiling wart with your knee.
4. Boiling beer/wort will take a few layers of skin off and hurts WAY more then breaking your wrist or foot.
9. Don't spill 220 deg wort.
15. If you do, drop your pants and get naked quick!! You wife will be happy that little man did not get burned!!!
16. Keep up with the beer. Pain suxs but beer gets you drunk tomorrow so keep at it!!
45. If you do spill drink ALOT OF HOMEBREWR and take a bunch of pain killers AND......... brew on!!!!!!! **** it still hurts
all in all holy poop. I was lifting my boil pot to the shelf next to my sink. Hit the valve with my knee and unleashed hell on myself. The goods are good, but my upper leg is destroyed, blisters, pain, skin falling off. Holy beerinjury!! (<new word!!)
On top of all that, as the wife is holding cold packs on my leg and saying she will finish the beer for me, the clamp on my chiller breaks!! The wife moves crazy fast and cuts off the water.... faster then I have ever seen her move and she is 8 mths prego!! ( I guess she doesn't want me to buy beer!!!)
Low and behold I had a ruff brewing night. But all is good. my prebeer smells great, look great and fingers crossed will be bubbling away by morning!!
btw.... HOT WORT HURTS!!!!
Now to pick a ridiculously painful name for my stout, and drink alot so I can sleep.