Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > New control panel
Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 261 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Default New control panel

Well, i'm officially moving in about a week and a half to a place where i can actually have my brew stand out and usable again!

So before, i had everything in an old tool box from my dad... that way it's portable, i can put it on a table and start brewing (since i was in an apartment, thats how i did it)

Which is where this was born!

Which worked, but now that i'm able to use this again (nix out the propane burners).

So i wanted something that i could attach to the brew stand and look a bit nicer. So after $12 or so bucks, i got a new box and went to work today at "work" and about 3 hours later, i have this! (not that i'm lazy at work... i work in the IT field at a help desk... so i don't really work unless the phone rings.... at least today was that kinda day)

And yes... the SSRs did get a bit melty... in the other setup, it got hot as hell in there one hot day, with the sun beaming down on the tool box.. so i usually just left the top open, but now at least i have the heatsinks outside, so hopefully that'll help while i wait for a fan.

Don't mind how "straight" the "on/off" labels are.... going to fix them, i just don't have a pair of plyers at work to tighten those nuts.

Oh yeah. Instead of paying a ton of money for an actual enclosure of the same size, i just opted for trying a "cash box" which ended up working beautifully for this! the PID rests just above the back of the box as well.

Primary Sour saison - Lambic inspired coolshipped + dreg beer - 10 gallons pale ale (Nelson, Kohatu and citra)
Electric 120v Brutus 20
Old 09-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1041 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Looks pretty good, but I sure hope you have a spare SSR on hand for when your melty SSRs crap out on you.