Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Piezo electric differental pressure sensor

Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
alien
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 61

That's the design I would go for in the first instance.

Should be able to "zero" it on an empty vessel before use with or without the pump.

I'm not sure any of these things are suitable for measuring SG.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
jpalarchio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You might want to go and browse the Brewtroller forums as much of this has been tested which is how they ended up using the "bubbler method".

I forget the details but it seems like steam and thermal expansion created issues in trying to use just the sensor alone to measure volume.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #13
heapyjeepy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalarchio View Post
You might want to go and browse the Brewtroller forums as much of this has been tested which is how they ended up using the "bubbler method".

I forget the details but it seems like steam and thermal expansion created issues in trying to use just the sensor alone to measure volume.
This is what I ended up going with. Still had all the equiptment and Brewtroller seems like an awesome user interface.

"Darn honey, I have to buy a tablet for the beer machine"

I can't wait for my system to come together.