I think that's a sound way to start this thing.
I've gotten quite good at gauging how a beer will end up via wort tasting, and then tasting the beer during racking from primary to secondary, and then from secondary to bottling. I think I can apply those skills to make a great pomegranate wheat, in this case. I'll be sure to post the results, if successful, as there is not much information out there on brewing with pomegranate molasses.
I made a pumpkin ale recipe months ago for a that called for a 15 oz can of pumpkin to be added during the boil, and the flavor ended up being scant, at best. I'm going to try the same recipe again, with 30 oz of pumpkin during the boil, and then maybe another 15 during secondary. I want to taste the pumpkin, for cryin' out loud.