Software available - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Software available

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #61
PacificNWBrew
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Portland
Posts: 5

I just spent the last couple months learning to program Android apps after years of professional web development, and of course my initial project was a brewing app. It provides a batch sparge calculator, a boil timer with configurable alarms, a notes/summary page that can be emailed, and handles both imperial and metric units. I was trying to cover the functionality that I had previously used several tools for on my laptop. My contribution to Android brewing apps (install for free!) is called BrewDay and is available via Google Play. Feel free to check it out and feedback is very welcome.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #62
brewers-assistant
Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Posts: 42
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts


Brewers-Assistant is a free (no trials, or recipe amount limits) web-app for creating and managing homebrew recipes. You can try the recipe designer feature in the preview mode at

https://www.brewers-assistant.com/RecipeDesign.

Since it's a web-app there's nothing to install or maintain. Note that since the site features rich and interactive user interface it requires a relatively modern computer (probably anything made withing the last 4-5 years should do though) and modern browsers (Chrome, FF, IE8+, 9 preferred) .We're currently working on a feature that will allow adding multiple ingredients at once, instead of one-by-one. For the full functionality (saving, brewing, hop schedule timers, scheduling, brewday notifications, etc), you'll need to create an account.

__________________
www.brewers-assistant.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
Paschendale
Recipes 
 
Apr 2013
Mount Olive, MS
Posts: 166
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts


I have downloaded an android app called Home Brew Calculators, by Ghost Chili Software. Has anybody used this? It seems pretty comprehensive to me, but I'm a noob and could be wrong. I ran it on my latest batch of cider and got slightly different results from my manual abv calculation, but I am uncertain if that was due to my ignorance or the fact that it was cider, not beer, or if it was the software. I appreciate the input here on different free software (the open source ones) that I will check into. Any tips on freeware android apps worth trying?
__________________
"When these things happen, everybody always says 'These things happen', and that's why they happen." - Mrs. Marcus

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
Nico93
Recipes 
 
May 2013
, Italy
Posts: 311
Liked 64 Times on 34 Posts


this is another software: http://brewplus.blogspot.it/

i think is very good! but for the moment is only in italian (english as soon as possible)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #65
c1377
Recipes 
 
Jul 2008
Central Illinois
Posts: 63
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
I also was able to get Beersmith running under Wine, so that's another option for those of you who use Linux.
BeerSmith2 is available for linux... but I haven't been able to get it to work within a live distro environment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFebtober View Post
Burrrrrrrrppppp. <---PBR

BUuUuUUuUURRrrRpppPpPhhPhphph. <----homebrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #66
fugazzi
Recipes 
 
May 2010
Columbia, MO
Posts: 80

Just started using BrewR for my last brew. It's an Android app that I'm using on my tablet. It has a hop schedule timer as well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #67
ocluke
 
ocluke's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Orange County, CA
Posts: 361
Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrewer View Post
Brewer's Friend can do this.
http://www.brewersfriend.com/
Why isn't Brewer's Friend on the list? It has got to be one of the more capable and actively supported options out there.
__________________
MetaBrewing.com - A blog documenting one homebrewer's experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
Continuously recirculating dry hops in the fermentor [video].

larrybrewer Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #68
larrybrewer
 
larrybrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Portland, OR
Posts: 329
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ocluke View Post
Why isn't Brewer's Friend on the list? It has got to be one of the more capable and actively supported options out there.
I PM'd Orfy about getting added several months ago, but I can see why he might have ignored my shameless plug. The list was started back in 2007 and is out of date by now. It needs to be spruced up or a new thread started IMHO.

Thank you for the mention!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrewer View Post
I PM'd Orfy about getting added several months ago, but I can see why he might have ignored my shameless plug. The list was started back in 2007 and is out of date by now. It needs to be spruced up or a new thread started IMHO.

Thank you for the mention!
Feel free to PM any additions, I can add them to Orfy's list. I'll add Brewer's Friend to the list now.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewers-assistant View Post
Brewers-Assistant is a free (no trials, or recipe amount limits) web-app for creating and managing homebrew recipes. You can try the recipe designer feature in the preview mode at

https://www.brewers-assistant.com/RecipeDesign.

Since it's a web-app there's nothing to install or maintain. Note that since the site features rich and interactive user interface it requires a relatively modern computer (probably anything made withing the last 4-5 years should do though) and modern browsers (Chrome, FF, IE8+, 9 preferred) .We're currently working on a feature that will allow adding multiple ingredients at once, instead of one-by-one. For the full functionality (saving, brewing, hop schedule timers, scheduling, brewday notifications, etc), you'll need to create an account.

I also added Brewers Assistant to the list on the opening post of this thread.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software batfishdog37 Brewing Software 6 03-05-2009 01:36 PM
Software chemicalcraig General Techniques 3 03-21-2008 06:01 PM
What software is everyone using... SJMIKEUS Label Display & Discussion 9 02-22-2006 09:49 PM
Anybody use software? Uncle Fat Equipment/Sanitation 8 02-04-2005 02:20 AM


Forum Jump