Yesterday I brewed a batch of this Great Lakes Brewing Christmas Ale Clone
. Unfortunately, upon pitching the yeast was a goner. The Wyeast packet did not inflate after a few hours, so we tried proofing the yeast on our own. No luck, it was D-E-D, dead.
So today I pitched a couple of packets of Safale S-04 about 30 hours after the boil ended. I realized immediately afterwards that I did not aerate the wort prior to the pitch.
This is the first time that this happened to me in a couple of years of brewing. I was just wondering what I can expect from the fermentation, and whether there is anything I can do to remedy the situation.