Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Help with Mini kegging system

Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
jstraight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Help with Mini kegging system

Just received a Wyndham House Mini keg dispensing system as a gift. It seems to be missing parts but hard to tell because instructions are so poor. No contact info included so I can't ask company. All there is is a little plastic cap, wash bottle, a beer dispense tube and the the refrigerator. Also given a keg with a plastic (dust) plug on top and a pull twist drain near bottom. I would think a keg would come with a bung. The giver intended that I use to keg my Homebrew, but I can't see how it will work. So the questions I have are: Am I missing parts?
If so what are they? Can I keg and dispense HB with it? Is there a way to use my 2 1/2 Co2 tank?

Thanks, John

Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
McLainsAleHouse
Recipes 

My wife just got me one for christmas and I'm in the same boat as you. There is supposed to be a dispensing kit with a 2nd hose, CO2 attachment, piercing needle for the dispensing unit and there is none of that. She got it on amazon and contacted the seller but I can't find anything about this company "Wyndham House", the warranty slip gives an address of a company called "CSC" in Dallas. Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
szap
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been using a similar kegerator for my homebrew for the past year. What you will need is an Edgestar conversion kit like the one on this website:

http://www.kegerator.com/tbc50-acc-e...FeHm7AoduC0Auw

These are setup to use 16 gram CO2 cartridges. I am not positive, but I am pretty sure the regulator that comes with these kits will attach to your 2 1/2 lb tank.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
jstraight
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Yes and no. Turned out that I had the parts that are included with the basic unit, you probably do to. These units are for dispensing charged kegs (heineken or newcastle). If you want to dispense from uncharged kegs (homebrew) you need some kind of pressure and tap system. Another company (can't remember name but on Amazon) markets one for about $70, but it uses small co2 cylinders which only are good for 1 keg, MABEY. Too much $ and not practical. I found these plans and built my own foe $30 and 30 min. work. I am using a regulator and 2 1/2 lb co2 tank from a previous tap system I had. Dispensed three kegs and going strong, even forced carbed one of them. Here is location of plans http://www.instructables.com/id/5L-Mini-Keg-Tap/#step1

Good luck and let me know how you make out,
John

Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
szap
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=4268...f35%2F&xtz=360

Don't want to sound like an ad and have never bought anything from this business, but if you are interested in one of the conversion kits for your kegerator, their $60 price with free shipping is the best deal I have seen on these kits.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
jstraight
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for the headsup, best price I have seen. Still like my DIY tap.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
szap
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like your DIY setup too, but if McClainsAleHouse needs a regulator, $60 is a good deal. I checked with Avanti on buying just a regulator for my kegerator and their price was over $60.

Reason: put wrong member name in message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
jstraight
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

All true, fortunately I had the regulator and tank. I need to tweak mine. Needs a check valve in co2 lin after regulator and before keg so the co2 line can be disconnected from a tapped keg. Any suggestions?

Reason: more to add