Beer conspiracy theory, or the plot to a new beer movie... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Beer conspiracy theory, or the plot to a new beer movie...

Old 10-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
Feb 2007
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Okay, I am druck. Here is some ramblings I have been hashing over for the evening. Be ye conspiracy theorist or budding movie producer. Make of this what you will.

Timeline: Present time.

In a time of ever increasing well made craft brew and even homebrew the entity known as the Beer Megamarketing Corparation is beginning to see its market share continually decline. In an effort to stem this tide, they slowly but surely begin to quietly buy up the farms and maltsters that produce the hops and grains needed for producing beers.

Phase one to stop this encroachment on their monopoly. What is perhaps the most crucial ingredient to this new well crafted beer that is detracting from their sales? Hops.

Phase one. Confiscate all the hop harvest and destroy it. Creating a higher price and a shortage thus shutting out those without the capital to pay. No big loss for a company who uses very little hops in their product.

Where will it end.... ????

Cue Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas. (eh?)

okay, talk amonst yerselves...

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 10-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I think you've uncovered a plot that we've been following for some time. We here at the FBI( Fine Beer Institute) have been tracking the movements of the feindish BMC over the past few months. There have been developments in the areas of malt tampering and yeast depletion as well as an attempt by this organization to keep kegs out of the hands of homebrewers. They keep marking their kegs and claiming theft when one is commandeered for brewing. If brewing is outlawed, then only outlaws will brew beer ( or something like that. The PR Department is still working on that one.)
Brewers, join the Resistance! Quit drinking BMC, steal their kegs and make your own beer!

Not drunk, but I have had two cups of coffee.
More like a sock monkey, really...

Old 10-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Aug 2006
Boerne, Texas

I think they are infectimg my beer.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
Jul 2007
Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

does this mean in the near future you'll be able to tell who brews when you drive down the street by the hop garden in their backyard?

hmm... that give me an idea for that acre that I hadn't made any plans for yet...

Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Mar 2006
Brownstown Township MI

LMAO I thought the same thing , anything corporate f#*&s do to screw us wouldn't surprise me

Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #6
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I'll just order mine from Germany directly...
HB Bill