Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #821
mgortel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I brewed the etract version of this on Friday, May 28...so it has been in primary 10 days now.

I noticed on here a lot of you are kegging it in 10 days.,....

I will be bottling.....my plan was to let it go in primary 2 weeksd then toss it in secondary....but MANY people said no need.....also I was going to use gelatin in secondary......

So my current plan:
1) Check SG on day 12......check again on day 15....and bottle on day 15 if SG is steady.
2) Gelatin in bottling bucket instead of secondary.....I was told the gelatin will clear it up in the bottle during carbonation and then again when itr is finally chilled in frideg...

Also, I am also used to everyone saying 3 weaks in bottles minimum...but it sounds like 1.5-2 weeks may be adequate?

Can I get a HELL YEAH....on this approach....or some any other advice please....

I am just used to doing 3 weeks in fermenter on my first couple beers....to allow the yeasties to clean things up....but it sounds like not necessary on this one.

P.S. I need to decide what my next brew will be this weekend coming up!

SO far I have done: Kolsch, Stout, Centennial Blonde.......

So any recommendations for a good dog days of summer ale???

Old 06-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #822
BendBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I don't think the secondary or the gelatin are really necessary.

I did 2 weeks in primary and then bottled. 3 weeks in the bottle at 70 ish and another week in cellar about 50 ish and it was as clear as a bell and delicious.

Try Yooper's House Pale next.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #823
mgortel
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Cool...thanks BendBrewer....I will go with that plan and see how it turns out.

I did do Irish Moss in kettle....so I already did something extra towards clarity...even if it is not totally necessary....

I will check out Yoopers Pale Yale too!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #824
431brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have some hallertau I need to use. Could I get a similar flavor with it using the same grain and yeast? If so, would I use the same hops schedule or would it be necessary since all of the hops would be the same? I realize I would need to run it in ProMash to confirm I am within the IBU's. I just don't have any experience with late additions so not sure what flavor it would impart.

Just looking for light beer that my BMC friends may like and this sounds like one. Thanks.

Drinking:
1. American Premium Lager (on tap)
2. Porter

Keg Conditioning:
Blonde (AHB)

Fermenter #1:
none

Fermenter #2:
none

Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #825
EricT
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I dont know about the Halletauer as far as flavoring. if you plan to use it for bittering and flavor you would need to adjust it for IBU's as its generally lower in AA than Centennial. I used Magnum for bittering and Cascade for flavoring and it worked out ok. I think it could use just a bit more flavoring hops. The batch I just made turned out a bit on the malty side. Maybe BM will chime in since its hi recipe

Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #826
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Looks like pretty soon there's going to need to be a "How many gallons of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde have been made?" thread.

I brewed this as my first AG about a month ago, and it turned out fantastic. It's light, flavorful, not overly filling, and very inexpensive to brew. Another brewer friend of mine liked it so much that we'll be following it up with a 10Gal batch this weekend.

Thanks to BierMuncher for yet another great recipe.

Used WLP001 for this one, but I'll be using a complementary sample of pacman I I recently got from the LHBS for the next one.

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Last edited by neovox; 06-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #827
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'll just leave this here..
Bottled: Ó Flannagáin Standard, Random Stout, Nut Brown, Edwort's Rye IPA, Milk Stout + Coffee Milk Stout, Centennial Blonde, Pale Ale, Cthulhu Dementia Robust Porter, Nyarlathotep (I)IIPA, Willamette IPA parti-gyle, Indian Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Oatmeal Stout, Barely Legal IIPA, Oatmeal Stout 2, Hazelnut Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Planned: RIS, Coconut Porter

Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #828
TeufelBrew
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Last weekends brew was first time doing water modification. Used some gypsum to make a water more suitable to lighter colored beers (my tap makes GREAT porters and stouts). I used Belgian pale for the base malt, so I'm looking forward to how this one comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
You're all wrong. Apfelwein is a time machine and mind eraser combined into one.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #829
Sudz
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Without a doubt, it's been my favorite brew from the 15 or so beers I've made. They've all been good but this one stands out from the others.

Cheers BierMuncher. Job well done!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #830
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 710 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I just assembled the recipe. You're the one who brewed it.