Blonde Ale Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall) - Page 50 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Blonde Ale Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #491
Aubie Stout
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Birmingham, Al
Posts: 662
Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts


The rice really lightened this beer up. Flaked rice plus the Safe Ale 05 made this a light crisp tasting beer. SWMBO has already ordered another batch. Thanks!


__________________
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #492
magnj
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Central Jersey
Posts: 778
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I'm brewing this tomorrow, slightly changed. 90% pale malt, 10% Munich 10L, Hops bill and yeast will be the same, I hope to get close and win over some people who haven't enjoyed my previous brews.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #493
nutcase
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Posts: 154
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I'm brewing this again on monday. The LHBS was out of all kinds pale malt completely - so i'll be substituting the pale malt with pilsner malt. will be interesting to see how it turns out

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #494
melonhead
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Indianapolis
Posts: 9

This was my first successful AG brew (1.040 OG, 65% efficiency). I brewed on Sunday, and only ended up with about 4.8 gallons in the carboy. The yeast are currently kicking butt with about 1 bubble/sec.

I'm a bit new to kegging/force carbonating too. What is the recommended way to carb this (pressure, temp, duration)? I'd like to have it ready for a cookout on July 4 using BMBF or my 3 gallon keg.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #495
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,393
Liked 784 Times on 434 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhead View Post
This was my first successful AG brew (1.040 OG, 65% efficiency). I brewed on Sunday, and only ended up with about 4.8 gallons in the carboy. The yeast are currently kicking butt with about 1 bubble/sec.

I'm a bit new to kegging/force carbonating too. What is the recommended way to carb this (pressure, temp, duration)? I'd like to have it ready for a cookout on July 4 using BMBF or my 3 gallon keg.
Once you rack to a keg (keep it 10 days in primary and 3 days in secondary with gelatin), place the (presumably room temp) keg into the chiller and hit it with 30PSI for 48 hours. Drop PSI to serving pressure, bleed excess pressure from keg and taste test. That should get you right there.

If you gas up a chilled keg, drop the time by 12 hours. (Chilled beer carbs faster than room temp)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #496
melonhead
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Indianapolis
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Once you rack to a keg (keep it 10 days in primary and 3 days in secondary with gelatin), place the (presumably room temp) keg into the chiller and hit it with 30PSI for 48 hours. Drop PSI to serving pressure, bleed excess pressure from keg and taste test. That should get you right there.

If you gas up a chilled keg, drop the time by 12 hours. (Chilled beer carbs faster than room temp)
Thanks!
Can I use the keg as the secondary with the gelatin (but no gas hooked up)... then once the gelatin settles chill the keg and apply pressure?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #497
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,393
Liked 784 Times on 434 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhead View Post
Thanks!
Can I use the keg as the secondary with the gelatin (but no gas hooked up)... then once the gelatin settles chill the keg and apply pressure?
I think you'll get better results and a cleaner beer racking off of that gelatin/yeast goo.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #498
craigbrew
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
warren, MI.
Posts: 368
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts


This is a Great beer. I did a partial mash and it turned out great. The only problem I had was I carbed it in a keg and it was flat when I went to drink it.

I'm new to kegging so I'm not sure I did it right. I kegged and put 30 psi and let it sit for a week. keg still had pressure so I don't think that I had a leak. I did the shake rattle and roll method before people came over so it was fine. I just have to keg more to get a handle on it.
__________________
Warren Brew Haus

Kuhnhenn Guild of Brewers homebrew club (KGB)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #499
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,393
Liked 784 Times on 434 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbrew View Post
...The only problem I had was I carbed it in a keg and it was flat when I went to drink it.
...I kegged and put 30 psi and let it sit for a week...
30 PSI on a chilled keg for 1 week should have resulted in a highly overcarbonated beer.

If the keg is at room temp and then put in the chiller, 30PSI for 48 hours is my max.

If the keg is already chilled, 36 hours.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #500
BillyBeer
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Vancouver, WA
Posts: 169
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Great recipe. This was my first AG brew and it turned out great. Big hit with family & friends.

Thank you again BierMuncher for sharing


__________________
Future Brews
Jubelale Clone, Dirty Dog IIPA

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finalizing my first all-grain-Centennial Blonde Q2XL All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 10 03-14-2016 03:50 PM
Houston- All Grain/Hops for Centennial Blonde jetlink1983 For Sale 0 12-09-2010 06:48 PM
Brewed First All Grain - Centennial Blonde - High Gravity just curious why Jewrican All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 4 03-25-2009 02:03 PM
First All Grain - Centennial Blonde Questions BrewinHog All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 4 12-11-2008 07:17 PM
Any downside to doing 2-3 gall. boils in 8 gall. kettle? Boston Brewer Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 10-30-2007 04:18 PM


Forum Jump