Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Recipe Recommendation

Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Radobrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Recipe Recommendation

I was gifted a ton of pilsner malt and hops recently. Could I get some recipe recommendations? I also have a pound of Crystal 40 on hand.

I have a buttload of these hops: Saaz, Centennial, Nugget, Cascade, Sterling, Glacier, Amarillo.

I have smaller amounts of these (1-3 oz ea.): Magnum, Cascade/Willamette mix, Fuggle, Kent Golding, Canadian Red Vine hops.

I'm pretty open to different styles, but I don't have the ability to do lagers/pilsners. I've got two IPA's going, so I'd like to brew something different.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Radobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Recipe Rec?

I was gifted a ton of pilsner malt and hops recently. Could I get some recipe recommendations? I also have a pound of Crystal 40 on hand.

I have a buttload of these hops: Saaz, Centennial, Nugget, Cascade, Sterling, Glacier, Amarillo.

I have smaller amounts of these (1-3 oz ea.): Magnum, Cascade/Willamette mix, Fuggle, Kent Golding, Canadian Red Vine hops.

I'm pretty open to different styles, but I don't have the ability to do lagers/pilsners. I've got two IPA's going, so I'd like to brew something different.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
DocScott
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 90 Posts

What yeast do you have? How bout a big belgian? Maybe do a Belgian and age it on cherries and shoot for a winter/holiday brew ala mad elf from troeggs? (Ill be brewing my annual mad elf clone in a few weeks)

Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
lewybrewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Start looking at some Saison recipes. The Saaz and the pilsner malt will work great together

Twitter @lewybrewing

Proud BNArmy and QUAFF member

Old 08-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
Radobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

DocScott- I will purchase the yeast to support the style I choose.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
KeystoneHomebrew
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Belgian Pale with the Glacier and/or Sterling, Get a pound of Dark Candi Syrup and you've got a simple Belgian Dark Ale, Obviously a Sierra Nevada Pale-ish with the Cascade, Czech IPA with tons of late hopping with Saaz (that's super tasty and different)