Bloody hell, God... why do you hate me so? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bloody hell, God... why do you hate me so?

Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Wichita Falls, Tx
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

I don't watch any tv... except the Office. That's truly the only show I turn my tv on for anymore.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
BlindLemonLars
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

May 2007
Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ó Flannagáin
I don't watch any tv... except the Office. That's truly the only show I turn my tv on for anymore.
That really is an amazingly good show, and not "dumbed down" like most everything else on television. It's not often that the creators of a show assume the audience is intelligent, and don't spoon feed them every joke. I hope you've seen the original English version too, it's even better.

I watch TV all day...for a living. Therefore, I seldom want to turn it on when I get home.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #13
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Ohio
Liked 62 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith098
I love my DVR for that reason , power lose' is even worse!

could be he was really doing you a favor.
DVR's kick much arse.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #14
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Except my Dish Network DVR, for some reason, requires a signal even to play back the stuff you already have on the HD. So during a really bad storm, if the signal is lost, it sits there trying to find a signal and won't let you just watch stuff off the HD. Not quite sure why in the hell they do this, but you'd think that the one time when you'd like to watch recorded stuff the most is when live TV is out.

Anyway...to the OP: no offense or anything, but...kinda callous of you to think "god" has it out for you because a few stations on your tv are out...while 700 square miles of southern California is smoldering ash right now.

Sorry, someone had to say it. Don't mean to be a downer or anything.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #15
DUCCCC
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Liked 42 Times on 42 Posts

Of course you could go with the "poor man's DVR", Miro and your favorite torrent search engine. I get RSS feeds for the shows I like, the ads are already edited out and I toss em on a thumb drive. I keep a copy of VideoLan loaded on all the computers I regularly use.

More info in the Cnet article here...

Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #16
Adolphus79
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

I don't watch much TV... but thursday nights is The Thirsty Traveller on Fine Living... one of a handful of things during the week I watch religiously... the rest of the time, it's just tuned to MSNBC or the weather channel for background noise, or whatever SWMBO is watching... if I have time to sit down, it's generally either with a book or here in front of the puter...

Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #17
Evets

Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lancaster County, Pa.
Liked 229 Times on 101 Posts

You know, if God really hated you, you'd be picking locusts outa your teeth right now. And even that would be hard to do, because you'd also be dead! I'd say you got off easy.............................................. .................................................. ........this time.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #18
Adolphus79
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets
You know, if God really hated you, you'd be picking locusts outa your teeth right now. And even that would be hard to do, because you'd also be dead! I'd say you got off easy.............................................. .................................................. ........this time.
I suppose you're right... he coulda turned all my cider into vinegar... ok, so he was just a little miffed with me yesterday... but today's all better, Verizon installed a new dedicated jack for my DSL, and the satellite started working fine early this morning...

Old 10-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #19
Brew Runner
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Antelope Valley, SoCal
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Anyway...to the OP: no offense or anything, but...kinda callous of you to think "god" has it out for you because a few stations on your tv are out...while 700 square miles of southern California is smoldering ash right now.
Somehow I don't think that comparison evokes feelings of guilt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus79
Most of southern California sucks anymore... that's why I got the hell out of dodge, and to the other corner of the country... it needed a good cleansing...
Anyway, I'm rarely put off if the satellite goes out. IMO, only about 1% of the stuff on is watchable and only half of that is worth watching. I used to lose DSL and phone far more often. There was a flood here that washed out a bunch of underground lines. Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, decided to drape the replacement wires around fenceposts, along the ground, and over bushes. Every time it rained the phone and internet would go out and it di that for about 2 years.