Quick Question about Sanitation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BG73395

Reaction score
Hi.... I made a batch of beer towards the begining of the summer and it didnt ferment right and I ended up throwing it away last night. It was in a "Ale Pale" for at least two months. The pale now smells sort of sour and I tried soaking it in bleach water overnight. It got a little better, but I am wondering if I should ditch this pale and buy a new one. I have only brewed a few batches and I am assuming that the pales start to smell eventually. Let me know how your pales smell!!!:cross:

Thank you

BG73395 said:
It got a little better, but I am wondering if I should ditch this pale and buy a new one. I have only brewed a few batches and I am assuming that the pales start to smell eventually. Let me know how your pales smell!!!:cross:

Thank you

I've been using my bucket for about 6 years and it doesn't have any noticable odor.

I would religate it to being a sanitizer bucket. Don't even use it for storing brewing equipment, you don't want that infection to inadvertantly transferring to other equipment.

Back