Can I get a Bass Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgr

Reaction score
and an Anchor Steam Pale Ale? This is a menu from a new "English Brew/Pub" in town.

UR13cf7.jpg

I know it's a 'English Pub', you'd think they'd have more authentic stuff....but I'd kill to have a restarurant/pub near me with that much selection. I guess it's all perspective.

Wait an fn minute! Now that I've had a few and can see better, is Bass not listed just to the right of the "g" on the "Lager selection"? Did someone photoshop that pic?

Wait an fn minute! Now that I've had a few and can see better, is Bass not listed just to the right of the "g" on the "Lager selection"? Did someone photoshop that pic?
That photo's straight from my cell phone. You win the prize which is a serving of spiced nuts from the same place. Which really isn't much of a prize at all.

You see where Anchor Steam is listed? Call it what you want but don't try to tell me it's a pale ale.

I actually questioned the waiter on the Bass Lager as I'd never heard of Bass making a lager. He told me that he was told it was actually pronounced "base." I turned to my European roommate with the British accent and said, "How do YOU pronounce that?" I ordered one and it was a Bass pale ale with the label that says in gigantic letters, "The World's Oldest Pale Ale."

It really bothers me how they've aligned the beer styles (IPA, Seasonal, etc) on the menu to be bottom up instead of top down....Ridiculous prices as well.

Are those prices really ridiculous? Funny how the local market jades one to prices. I figure I'm going to pay $4 to $9 or more a drink at about any drinking establishment I go to.

I really wish this place good luck. They spent a ton of money to create it. Too bad a beer geek didn't provide some input on their menu. We can all look at it and say oh snap! but it's just a menu to a lot of people.

I'd get in touch with the manager/owner. It might seem like a small thing to some people, but to some serious beer geeks, this very SIMPLE task of correctly identifying the style of beer on the menu would be a deal breaker. And it's terribly embarrassing as well IMO.

When you are spending that ridiculous amount of money on beer, you should at least be able to trust the menu. (Or are they using this as a way to find out who the TRUE beer geeks are??)

I see BMC beers starting at $4.50 in DC. Its all in the locality. Maybe they should start listing them as Imports for that price.

With that selection they must have every distributor in the state trolling through there. It shouldn't take long for them to realize their wears are being misrepresented.

I could be wrong but, I thought that was the distributors job.

Back