Stillwater Artisnal Stateside Saison = Win - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Stillwater Artisnal Stateside Saison = Win

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Jul 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Had this last night; great beer. Just the right amount of american hops to make it an american saison, but not overly hoppy. Still hoppier than a typical saison. Also higher alcohol than a typical saison at 6.8%. I really enjoyed this beer.

I have Saison all grain kit arriving this week from NB. Now I'm inspired to make it more interesting. More pilsner malt and maybe some american hops?

Old 05-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Oct 2011
Boise, ID

Wow! Just shared one of these with my wife last night with dinner... was a very tasty brew! Color was bright yellow with a golden orange hue, and a lacy white head. Hopping was probably in the 25 - 30 IBU range? ...nothing bitter left on the palate. Really liked the grains used in this brew. Bought it over in Anacortes, WA last year and aged it another 9 months so thinking it must have been at least a year old. Inspiring me to start brewing some farmhouse saisons!! Saved the dregs so will see if I can start a culture from it. Also got a Boulevard Tank 7 to sample that was put away at the same time.