Now what!? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Now what!?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
BrewPharm
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 65
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts



We have been in the process of selling our house for 6 months now. Finally had an accepted offer on our home July 5th. Start packing up the non essentials and finish up the 2 brews I had to bottle. All my equipment safely packed away in storage waiting to be busted out to make beer at a new location. Found out Saturday the buyers financing fell through. I will keep my opinions on him and his mother to myself. So now what? I've built up a stock pile of 16 cases of 12 ounce bottles. Do I enjoy the fruits of my labor and hope I get to my new home before it runs out? Do I rock the boat and get my hobby stuff back out of storage and leave my wife's scrap book items behind? Do I ration, tell friends to stay away and fall back on store bought brews!!? Aaaarrgh!!!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #2
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Teromous's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 2,968
Liked 570 Times on 312 Posts


I would say RDWHAHB.

Also you can't say "I will keep my opinions on him and his mother to myself" because now I think there's a story and I want to hear it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
BrewPharm
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 65
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Thanks Charlie P! The story in the form of a question. Who is f'ing dumb enough to finance something massively expensive between preapproval and the bank underwriter finalizing your loan? What the hell do people think? There are consequences to stupid choices.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
outside92129's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,224
Liked 63 Times on 51 Posts


and what are the opinions of the mother (of the idiot)?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DrunkleJon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 8,141
Liked 2512 Times on 1770 Posts


Maybe now is the time to break out some of the equipment and brew some small experiemental batches. You know, things that can be transported more easily and still keep you giong until you get moving. This way you keep the pipeline filling some and can have some conditioning for when the move happens.

Otherwise, maybe it is time to sample some new craft brews and collect the bottles. Do you have others interested in the place or do you think the extremely financially responisble other party will still be able to buy the house and this just being a delay?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
BrewPharm
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 65
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Deal is dead. Open house on Saturday.
Showing tomorrow. So there is hope. I like the bottle collecting idea. I've never done gallon size batches. So that's a great option too. As far as my opinion on the guys mom.....she should have bought plan B!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #7
Larzean
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Larzean's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Albany, NY
Posts: 304
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts


Sorry about that dude... I remember when we bought the mortgage guy was pretty explicit - don't do anything weird, or really anything at all til it's done.

Hope you find a new buyer soon, good luck!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DrunkleJon's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 8,141
Liked 2512 Times on 1770 Posts


Sorry the deal died. That sucks, but you probably do not want them in the house anyway.

Hopefully you find some good buyers on Saturday and have a smooth quick closing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
MotorcycleMatt
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Charleston, SC
Posts: 549
Liked 61 Times on 51 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzean View Post
Sorry about that dude... I remember when we bought the mortgage guy was pretty explicit - don't do anything weird, or really anything at all til it's done.

Hope you find a new buyer soon, good luck!
Yep, they usually tell you not to finance anything in that time period

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
BrewPharm
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 65
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


We didn't move ahead with much other than packing up some stuff. Our bank ordered an appraisal on the house we were buying. So I'm out that $ if we don't close. I feel even worse for the people whose house we hope to buy, they moved out and are renting already!! No wonder their realtor wants a 3 month extension on our offer. The domino effect of one mans ill advised decision. I'm hoping to open a Sierra madre that's finally ready to drink in celebration of a new offer this weekend!!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump