Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > ICE Wine!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
newbiewinemaker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default ICE Wine!

Hey Everyone.

I am looking for a good solid ice wine recipe. I would like to be able to make this from juice concentrate as I do not have the necessary equipment to make it from frozen grapes.

Does anyone know where I can get the concentrate and have a recipe or a place I can get a recipe for this?

I am getting married in a year and would like to make a good batch to be able to serve there.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
DoctorCAD
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ice wine is made from frozen grapes that the sugar concentrates in. Any concentrate plus a boat-load of sugar will get you "ice wine". Not sure it will end up like the real thing.

There are 3 gallon kits that replicate the ice wine taste. One year should do it just right.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Unless you have experience dealing with high gravity must and dealing with stalls I would sincerely recommend a kit. WineXpert carries several, as does RJS. I have a peach ice wine that I made from a kit, quite nice & the cab franc is good.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
newbiewinemaker
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks guys! One more question! Would it be ok to ferment in a normal 6 gallon fermenter and then rack into a 3 gallon carboy? All I have on hand is a 6 gallon fermenter and would like to get this started right away.

Thanks