BeerSmith question about different versions of the same recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's okay if you tell me to RTFM and I probably will at some point, but is there an easy way to keep the same recipe together with different versions?

Like if I have a recipe that I want to keep it as is, but I have to sub something else in for my particular batch, is there a way to do that under one recipe or do I have to copy and paste a recipe and then change the new one? That's what I've been doing, but my list is getting cluttered with essentially duplicate recipes.

There is a "version" area on the right side of the screen in the same row as your equipment profile. If you change it to two and use save as "new version" or whatever, you should have both recipes.

Should. Haven't tested, but should work.

Thanks. I tried it and it does work. I was hoping it would store it under the same recipe, but I see it saves another version, which is basically what I was doing by copying and pasting. Guess I need to start making folders for my iterations to keep it more organized.

Back