I think I created a monster. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > I think I created a monster.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
placervilledan
Recipes 

Sep 2007

I have two one-gallon jugs sitting around so I thought what the heck.

I put two gallons of Tree-Top Juice, two cans of concentrate, and a lb. of dark brown sugar in a bucket with the WL Sweat Mead Yeast.

When it goes into secondary I want to try different things in the gallon jugs. A vanilla bean in one and a ??? in the other. Or a ???????? in one and a ??????????? in the other. Any ideas?

The OG was 1.080. What have I done?

By the way, I'm fairly new to this. Yee Haw.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
Adolphus79
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by placervilledan
I have two one-gallon jugs sitting around so I thought what the heck.

I put two gallons of Tree-Top Juice, two cans of concentrate, and a lb. of dark brown sugar in a bucket with the WL Sweat Mead Yeast.

When it goes into secondary I want to try different things in the gallon jugs. A vanilla bean in one and a ??? in the other. Or a ???????? in one and a ??????????? in the other. Any ideas?

The OG was 1.080. What have I done?

By the way, I'm fairly new to this. Yee Haw.
A lot of people are using cinnamon & nutmeg (or another combination of holiday spices) for a (insert yule holiday of choice here) cider. Vanilla might be pretty good, I haven't heard of anyone doing that yet, let us know how that comes out...

OG of 1.080 means 10'ish %, that a pretty decent monster...

Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
Crazytwoknobs

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Chicago
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

holiday monsters are a special class of monster.

Notice the bargain bucket at your local gigantor-liquor-store (sams, binny's, etc.). All "christmas" ales and nonsense left over from last year. Well, that and bad schnapps.

I'd just leave it alone and enjoy the 10% monster. Thats in the wine range my friend.....

Good luck, just wait till you get more jugs...