Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > were do I get the best beginner keg system

Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Kirkwooder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 221 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Default were do I get the best beginner keg system

I would like to start kegging my home brew for the first time, I have nothing but the "beer" fridge, and I was wondering where I could get the best deal on the complete system.

I have found a few systems from online vendors, but not knowing anything about any of it, i thought that I would ask for advise from all of you fine folks.

Has anyone else done this receantly? Good, bad, or indiffernt about the system you purchased?

Would I be better off buying parts and building a system? My father worked for Coke for 30 years so I know a bit about soda dispensing systems, and can't imagine beer is that much diffrent. I may even be able to scrounge up some kegs and other equipment if I had to, but would rather buy a complete working system.

Would It be better to spend the extra money and get new kegs or are the used ones god enough?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
bferullo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I just purchased from kegconnection and couldn't be happier. Give them a call or shoot them an email. They will help figure out what you need and what you don't. I dealt with Todd and he was very helpful.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Snagg30341
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Keg Connection or Home Brew Party. Great people with matching prices and very helpful. Can't recommend either enough. Both ship flat rate for 8 bucks. I just ordered a custom keezer kit from keg connection.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Snagg30341
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Used kegs are good. Just make sure thry hold pressure. Then rebuild it if you want. I do.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 28

keg connection is good, and i've had good service from beverage factory as well..

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries: Apfelwein, Nugget Nectar, Brinner, Sticky Red, Smoked IPA
Keg 1: Nugget Nectar Clone | Keg 2: Brinner | Keg 3: Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Porter
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Rockn_M
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I bought my two tap kegerator from BeverageFactory.com. I was able to get everything i needed at a pretty decent price and it only took about a week to ship the whole thing. They also have parts and supplies that you'll need as you kegging needs grow.

Good luck!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
WTWjr
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Birdman Brewing is another good option. I've done business with them and have been completely satisfied.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
Benzene
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I got my keg, fittings, and tap from cornykeg.com. Prices were reasonable, and their customer service was very responsive.