Why is there no San Jacinto/ Hemet clubs? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West Homebrew Forum > Why is there no San Jacinto/ Hemet clubs?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
NMSU4ever
Recipes 

Jul 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live here now and no clubs. I wish there was beer store close as well.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
Biohazard
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Canyon Lake, CA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Depending where in Hemet you are, the homebrew shop in Canyon Lake isnt terribly far.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
Epimetheus
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Amherst, MA
Liked 98 Times on 82 Posts

'Cuz you have not started one. No, really, why not start one? There is a MoreBeer store about 45 minutes away in Riverside, CA. If you call them, they might know of clubs in the area. The LHBS in my area was very helpful suggesting groups.

Add your water analysis to the water report map! Instructions on this thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
supersnipe72
Recipes 

Nov 2012

There's a local club in Menifee / canyon lake. Talk to Matt, he owns the homebrew store in canyon lake.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #5
primativeBREW
Recipes 

Nov 2011
MENIFEE, CA

The is also Murrieta homebrew emporium in Murrieta. Jim is awesome and always willing to help he is right off of Winchester by Murrieta Hotsprings road.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 08-23-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
troy2000
Recipes 

Sep 2013
, California
Liked 475 Times on 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMSU4ever View Post
I live here now and no clubs. I wish there was beer store close as well.
My primary home is in Homeland, right outside of Hemet. But I work out of town, and haven't been home much for a while. When I retire in a year or two, maybe you and I can start a club....

As has been mentioned, Jim's store isn't really that far from Hemet. It's easy to get to, but a little confusing to find the first time. If you want detailed instructions, PM me and I'll give them to you.
That it might not turn stale.

But as for the malt
She forgot to put that.
'This is sober liquor,'
Says little Jack Sprat.
-traditional

Old 08-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #7
idylldon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2014
Idyllwild, CA
Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts

I'm up the hill in Idyllwild. I haven't really looked for a club since moving up here 20 years ago, but there are some brewers in town. I'm pretty busy these days putting together a brewpub, Idyllwild Brewpub, which we plan to open in late spring next year, but shoot me a PM if you're ever headed up this way and we'll get together and have a pint or more! I've been brewing quite a bit lately to hone some recipes and do some experimentation.

Cheers,
--
Don