National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Aubers PID troubles :(

Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
OneImpBrewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Aubers PID troubles :(

Well I think I thoroughly screwed up on this on. I built a temp control unit from the 110v BIAB thread which looks like this.

While trying to get the PID to read in degrees F I was going through the settings. I came across COOL, I reset that number from 10 to 1 thinking that that was the option to change it and went to double check the PDF which took longer than 10 seconds. And it blew a fuse in the breaker box..... Reset the breaker and it will no longer turn on just keeps blowing the breaker. Is there a way to reset that back to 10? Pls help.

If i disconnect the power from the PID to the SSR do you think this will help to get it reset? Also I have searched for a good guide to get this thing setup with out much luck. Anyone know where I can go to get this thing running correctly?

Reason: spelling

Old 07-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
mrwizard0
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would definately unhook power going to the element and try the breaker again. Kal has some awesome instructions on how to set up the pid. Check it out

Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
OneImpBrewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Thanks Mr Wizard. I will head that way. So here is what I ended up doing. Disconnected power from the SSR to the Coil in order for the system to start booting up. When i got through the entire instruction manual there is a quick setup guide on the last page. Followed the instructions should work fine now... Hope nobody makes the same mistake, but if they do hope this helps.