Clarity ferm MUST be kept cool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlen

Reaction score
I ordered some Clarity ferm through Northern Brewer with the expectation it'd be delivered on a Saturday while I was home. (Because that's what the UPS website said.)
It arrived in my city very early on Saturday morning but wasn't delivered until today. It has been sitting at my front door in the sun for most of the day.
I'm noticing online that many sources say it must be kept cool before use or it won't work at all.
Does anyone have enough scientific know-how of this product to give me a good idea about how likely it is to work after this?

Thanks for any help.

I emailed them several months ago with the same question.

No worries at all. It doesn't need to be refrigerated technically. It has a 1yr shelf life if not and 1 1/2- 2 if it is refrigerated.

I had some accidently placed in the freezer with hops I had ordered and this was their response to that
Asked the lab manager about freezing Clarity Ferm and she said it actually lengthens the shelf life. So go ahead and freeze it if you like.

Pam Marshall
Sales Administrator

Same thing happened to me. White Labs gave the thumbs up. Bingo, super crazy clear beer.

Fantastic, thanks!
The beer is fermenting away and is the first beer I've ever had to use a blowoff tube on. Fingers crossed it tastes as good as it smells in a few months time!

Would you please clarify who said it was OK to freeze Clarity Ferm? Was it the "lab manager" at White Labs? Did the person say what the life of Clarity Ferm is if it is stored below freezing temperatures? And at what temperature exactly?

Back