Got a Good Deal Today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan0186

Reaction score
I am planning on building a kegerator for the garage soon. Happened to be walking through Lowe's this morning and noticed they had a brand new upright freezer for 50 dollars. Said it was broken and was to be sold for parts. I figured at the worst it can't be fixed and I can get my 50 back if I sold it on Craig's list. Got it home and plugged it in....Nothing....Wiggled the wires on the bottom a bit and plugged it back in. Compressor started and it works like a charm.

freezer.jpg

I am planning on building a kegerator for the garage soon. Happened to be walking through Lowe's this morning and noticed they had a brand new upright freezer for 50 dollars. Said it was broken and was to be sold for parts. I figured at the worst it can't be fixed and I can get my 50 back if I sold it on Craig's list. Got it home and plugged it in....Nothing....Wiggled the wires on the bottom a bit and plugged it back in. Compressor started and it works like a charm.

Check those wiggle points good.

Somethings wrong, and probably cheep to fix if you dig in now.

pb

First off, great fine.

Before doing too much with it, I would wiggle where you wiggled it before and see if you can pinpoint the issue. It would be bad news for your fridge (and maybe also the building - house, shed, garage, etc. - where you store it) if you have a loose wire that causes sparks/arcing/shorting. Bad connections are notorious for getting very hot very quickly.

I am going to have a friend of mine who is an electrician give a a good once over this weekend.

Latest posts

Back