Anyone know why the Montgomery County Fair hombrew comp was cancelled? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > Anyone know why the Montgomery County Fair hombrew comp was cancelled?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
The_General
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Rockville, MD
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I had a few beers ready for the competition anticipating that the submission deadline was coming up and then I checked with the county fair and saw that the competition was cancelled. Does anyone know why that was?

I should mention that I am in the area and am totally uninvolved in the homebrew scene. I don't want to come off as complaining as I know it was run by volunteers. I've entered a couple times and had fun with the competition. I'm just curious what happened.

On a side note, I know there are a few clubs in the MoCo area. What are the more active ones? I'd like to get involved.