Originally Posted by Brewbien
I didn't notice any of that. I finally pitched all of mine last night and the only weirdness was that I got no activity from 001 and some mold on 038. I thought the slime/sickness was from pedio, didn't know brett produced that.
EDIT: Just read the the thread and realized you were generalizing and not talking specifically about this project, sorry.
Actually, I think that thread is related - he pitched all 20 strains into a 50 gallon batch. Then again my brain sometimes thinks its 66 instead of 33, so I could be mistaken.
Speaking of, I bottled all 20 strains last weekend. I got 5-6 bottles per batch -17 bottled without sugar and will be tested at a buddies house this Saturday (taste, gravity, etc.). The rest are ready and waiting for the test cycles.
For those of you who noticed the math error, that leaves 3. Like a genius, I put sugar in those PRIOR to trying hydro or tasting. Dumb.
I'll see if we can use his scope rig on the sample dregs as well, but that may have to wait until next time.
For those of you who haven't gotten to bottling yet, plan for a few hours. It takes a while to sanitize everything, fill bottle set, capture the slurry (if you're doing that) close everything up, and move to the next one. This is especially true if you did 20.
I used a mini auto siphon, a gallon jug of fresh sanitizer, and copper tun carb drops.