Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Georgia Apple Cider

Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
danielofthedale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default Georgia Apple Cider

Hey, I am wanting to start making Hard Cider. The apple harvest is not to far away and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with picking up unpasteurized apple ciders from any of the local apple orchards? Any that you would recommend buying from or avoiding? Thanks.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
brewnchew
Grist Sniffer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

We stop by Merciers up in Blue Ridge now and then. They have a pretty clean operation and are making their own hard cider so I would try them. I was looking at their peach cider and thinking of making a hard peach. I have a bottle now and the ingredients are: peach juice, sugar, natural peach flavor citric acid and Erythorbic acid for color. The apple was similar I don't recall any crazy stuff in there.