BJCP Entry form help - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > BJCP Entry form help

Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Crock_it_out
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Durham, NC
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm trying to fill out this entry form and its my first time ever doing this. I don't know where to write down some items:

1. I added a 1.5L of cold steep coffee to my porter but where do I put this on the form

2. As for fermentable I did an extract brew so I steeped some grains rather than mashing them...where do I put this list of grains and how long I steeped them and at what temp. I really appreciate any input.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
duboman
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Glenview, IL
Liked 508 Times on 470 Posts

If I remember correctly, the coffee item goes under the brewer's notes section at the bottom. When you enter the grains there should be a drop box allowing you to select steep or mash. The Details of the steep or mash temp are not necessary

I don't have an entry form handy so I am going from memory...........this does fail me some times though

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Old 07-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Crock_it_out
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Durham, NC
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboman
If I remember correctly, the coffee item goes under the brewer's notes section at the bottom. When you enter the grains there should be a drop box allowing you to select steep or mash. The Details of the steep or mash temp are not necessary

I don't have an entry form handy so I am going from memory...........this does fail me some times though
Thanks so much I really appreciate it

Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
Phunhog
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Liked 173 Times on 130 Posts

Other than entering a beer in the specialty beer category I don't usually even fill them out. I don't why we need to since no one looks at them (judges).

Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
Braufessor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
NE Iowa, Iowa
Liked 853 Times on 596 Posts

yeah..... as mentioned by phunhog..... I have filled out recipe's for 1 competition (out of 30ish) where it was actually required. 9 times out of 10, other than some details if you enter a specialty beer, you do not need to actually enter anything in regard to recipe - judges never see it, never look at it. Check for sure, in regard to the competition you are entering. But, you almost never need to enter that except for specialty aspect of certain beers.
Primary: Czech Dark Lager, Oatmeal Stout, American Amber, Blonde, Citra/Mosiaic/Galaxy IPA
Secondary/Lagering: Helles
Future Brews: Scottish 70, Dark Mild, American Pils, Bo Pils, APA....... More...... More....... Beer.......