Traveling with homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniXP

Reaction score
I am kegging a beer right now that I plan on taking on vacation with me when I leave tomorrow.

I will be driving and stopping at a hotel overnight, so the beer is going to get warm at some point. Right now it is room temperature.

I plan on burst carbing it. Would it be better to chill it for the night and then have it warm up for around 24hrs and then chill it when I get to my destination or should I just leave it warm and chill it when I get there?

If it's going to get warm anyway, if it were me, I'd just leave it at room temp until you're ready to drink it. But if I was really in your shoes i'd get a cheap cooler and fill it with ice, on the 2nd day, so you can crack it the second you get there! :rockin:

I just got back from vacation last week. I wish I was going again; and with homebrew!!

It will burst carb more quickly/readily if it is cold.

Why not carb/chill it and wrap it in a sleeping bag to slow down the warming process while en-route?

Back