Northern Brewer yeast policy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_one_seven

Reaction score
I had a bad Wyeast smack pack and they replaced with no questions asked. I got a refund as a buddy had fresh slurry of the same yeast. I know that there are a lot of NB fanboys around but I think this is why.

Thanks to Steve and Northern Brewer for being a stand up supplier.

Is it just the good customer service that makes people order from them even though their shipping is outrageous? I wonder why anyone would order and have shipping be SOOOO much when there are so many flat rate or even free places to ship from.

Is it just the good customer service that makes people order from them even though their shipping is outrageous? I wonder why anyone would order and have shipping be SOOOO much when there are so many flat rate or even free places to ship from.

Free shipping is not free.

Yep. I firmly believe in supporting a business that takes care of it's customers. For me I live fairly close so everything comes second day. I have tried Morebeer and Austin and even though the shipping is less it takes longer, in some cases it has taken way longer. An extra 5-15 dollars an order isn't going to break me so I am good with it. YMMV of course.

I am currently dealing with another supplier that I am having issues getting an order of yeast completed. I won't mention any names until the situation is worked out. I am hopeful that it will be resolved but it shouldn't be that hard. Again why I am willing to pay more for a company that cares.

I am fortunate enough to live within a few miles of a NB retail store but I do have one other LHBS closer. I had a problem with a thermometer that I bought from them that wrecked a couple beers and broke a 2 liter flask by doing little more than sneezing on it. I sent them an email expressing my dismay and got a gift card to buy new equipment. Their in-store customer service should be the envy of anyone running a small retail location. I'm a customer for life.

Following the thread hijack, NB made a FB post a few months ago saying Brewing TV was coming back. None of the original guys are with NB anymore though, so I guess it's a new group.

Booooooo. Well I liked the original cast. Now I really wonder what happened. I guess I can give it a chance first.

The original cast left NB to do their own thing. That's what killed BTV.

NB was the supplier of my first brew kit. First brew kit got lost / never left the warehouse so they rush ordered a new one, no questions asked and it arrived 2 days later. I was upset with the slight hiccup but very happy with the outcome. Im a committed customer!

Did all three of them leave to do something together? I always got the feeling that they didn't like Chip very much.

Back