Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beersmith Equipment profile

Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Beerzilla81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Beersmith Equipment profile

Hello fellow brewers, I have a question concerning the equipment profile set-up on beersmith. I recently converted a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler into a mash tun. And when i go to select the one profile that matches mine I run into a problem. You see, I have an 8 gallon brew pot and not the 15 gallon brew pot it displays. How can i change this?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
stpug
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Copy the profile that closest matches yours and customize the new profile to match your equipment

Old 07-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
501irishred
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Beerzilla81
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501irishred View Post
Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.
i dont mean to sound like a total noob. but, when you say adjusting numbers what exactly do you mean? I know how to do the copy/paste profile, i had a phils lauter tun prior to the 10 gal. cooler.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
brewkinger
AdirondacKinger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 289 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 315

Take notes of things like how much wort remains in the bottom of your mash tun (dead space loss)
How much loss in the bottom of your kettle.

These values can be used to customize your profile.

PRIMARY: Centennial Blonde
BOTTLED: Razapple Wine- Vintage 2014
BOTTLED: SNPA Clone
KEGGED:
PLANNING: Blackbird Haus Pale Ale
PLANNING: A Lil' More Ordinary
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you will remember about me.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 144 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Click on "Help" up at the top. Click on "videos". In the getting started section click on setting up equipment profile.

If you do infusion mash you probably won't dial it in for a couple batches.
brewkinger Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2969 Times on 2563 Posts
Likes Given: 2099

Right above the recipe window,there are buttons for design,mash,notes,etc. You can click on notes,& add your experiences with mash temp,volume,boil off losses,etc. You can then use that info to change the numbers in your equipment profile when you click on it. It'll bringup a window with the pertinent info that can be changed.