Beersmith Equipment profile - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Beersmith Equipment profile

Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Beerzilla81
Recipes 

Dec 2012

Hello fellow brewers, I have a question concerning the equipment profile set-up on beersmith. I recently converted a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler into a mash tun. And when i go to select the one profile that matches mine I run into a problem. You see, I have an 8 gallon brew pot and not the 15 gallon brew pot it displays. How can i change this?

Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
stpug
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 666 Times on 560 Posts

Copy the profile that closest matches yours and customize the new profile to match your equipment

Old 07-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
501irishred
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Benton, Arkansas
Liked 128 Times on 101 Posts

Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Beerzilla81
Recipes 

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501irishred View Post
Go into "profiles" then "equipment", it should pull up all the preloaded profiles. Single click on the one that closely resembles what you have, then do a copy/paste. This will create a duplicate which you can then rename to what ever you want "Berzilla's 8 gallon equipment....". Keep good notes your next couple batches and begin adjusting the numbers to fine tune to your actual numbers.
i dont mean to sound like a total noob. but, when you say adjusting numbers what exactly do you mean? I know how to do the copy/paste profile, i had a phils lauter tun prior to the 10 gal. cooler.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
brewkinger
AdirondacKinger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
NEK, Vermont
Liked 345 Times on 282 Posts

Take notes of things like how much wort remains in the bottom of your mash tun (dead space loss)
How much loss in the bottom of your kettle.

These values can be used to customize your profile.

PRIMARY: Northeast Style IPA aka "Roscoe"
PRIMARY: Centennial '75 Session IPA
BOTTLED: Razapple Wine- Vintage 2014
BOTTLED: Orange Haze Blonde
BOTTLED:
KEGGED:
PLANNING: Centennial Orange Blonde
PLANNING: Roscoe V.2
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you will remember about me.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
grathan
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Albany, NY
Liked 146 Times on 115 Posts

Click on "Help" up at the top. Click on "videos". In the getting started section click on setting up equipment profile.

If you do infusion mash you probably won't dial it in for a couple batches.

brewkinger Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & shootist of air
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3691 Times on 3171 Posts

Right above the recipe window,there are buttons for design,mash,notes,etc. You can click on notes,& add your experiences with mash temp,volume,boil off losses,etc. You can then use that info to change the numbers in your equipment profile when you click on it. It'll bringup a window with the pertinent info that can be changed.
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU