Fizz Giz soda carbonator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismcnally

Reaction score
I'd like to start a Fizz Giz thread here, there is one in the Mead thread for your reference:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/fizz-giz-375164/

Fizz Giz is a small carbonation device that works with 16 gram CO2 cartridges. It is used to carbonate beverages in standard PET bottles. There are special Fizz Giz caps which have a nipple like a football or basketball valve. These fit on most soda bottles.

The Fizz Giz has a regulator set for about 55 psi, so you can make fizzy sodas. That will be my main use of the device. There are ways to adjust the regulator however.

My sister is able to use the Fizz Giz caps with the Mr Beer one liter PET bottles very successfully. When we drink less than the one liter, she just adds more C02 and puts it back in the fridge. She normally only bottle conditions, so she has used it to force carb a few early bottles while the others are sitting around for two weeks bottle conditioning.

She also uses her Soda Stream with the Fizz Giz caps but it looks like my soda stream may be different from hers. For her the soda stream stick goes right into the Fizz Giz cap and she tops off her beer that way as well.

I think the Fizz Giz is a good way for people who do not plan to keg but need to force carb a few bottles, or who want to use larger PET bottles and be able to save the beer they don't drink.

I'd like to open up this thread for people to discuss the product and post tips about using it.

Where to buy the Fizz Giz

http://www.fizzgiz.com/

It's 29 bucks plus about 7 dollars shipping

I'm kind of stoked about the Beer Plugs®. If anyone still bottle primes or dabbles in pressurized fermentation, I think my little valves have something to contribute.

bump ....just cuz......I like it! Has anyone here (other than the thread starter used this product? I want to use one for carbing cider...I know it will work, but just wondering what real users think of it.

I can't speak for its use in carbonating hard cider. But I've used it to carbonate cider and it works great for that. The guy has these special champagne bottle plugs that you secure with a wire bail/cage. I did some killer carbonated cider in beautiful, heavy duty champagne bottles. That was a real treat. You should look into his "Soda Rope". I have one and I like it better. If you have already set your mind upon the hand held unit, you can always add a Soda Rope base unit to it later (at a reduced price). He sells that as a "Home Station" add-on product.

Robert

I've seen the ropI didn't do a lot of research on it but I'll look into it...where did you find the champagne bottle capper/caps? The fizz giz "site" doesnt giv much info

'

Someone mentioned the minimal information on the fizz-giz. I work a little with Mike who is the creator and manufacturer of the FiZZ-GiZ products. I remade the website recently at http://www.sodastreamalternative.com/ to give users a better idea of using the 3 different products and make it an easier shopping experience . The bottom line with these devices is that you can carbonate just about anything you can fit into a soda bottle with a FiZ-GiZZ cap and do other cool things like pressure marinate chicken :) [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhATJQfOJjU&list=UU70mdVtyj2cQ8JHksUqVyxA[/ame]

I had never heard of this before. After looking at the website and videos I will be putting it on my Xmas list.

Off the subject but I'm surprised you haven't received a 'cease and desist' order from the sodastream company. I have received a few of those in the past from using company names in website names. Just sayin...

Perhaps we're not eating into sodastream's margins by much:) I went to work with Mike because I thought he products were pretty great and I had a skill-set in website and tech that meshed well with his desire to invent and manufacture. He's really great to work with and a down to earth friendly guy. Worth considering if you're in the market for something to give as a cool gift to someone perhaps.

Perhaps we're not eating into sodastream's margins by much:) I went to work with Mike because I thought he products were pretty great and I had a skill-set in website and tech that meshed well with his desire to invent and manufacture. He's really great to work with and a down to earth friendly guy. Worth considering if you're in the market for something to give as a cool gift to someone perhaps.

I really the fact that someone has gone the "universal" route...using the 20 oz/2liter caps ...and offers conversion services to just about anything. I also love the use of standard "find it anywhere" co2 devices. Then there's the whole "shake" method you cannot do to the sodastream..It's a great idea in theory, just fails in practice, where the fizGiz seem to do what it advertises. The gear is simple and NOT MADE IN CHINA!!! or is it? I hope this guy keeps his business up...I've seen too many great ideas go the way side because of sh!tty marketing.

Dead Thread Revival!!

Anyone else have experience with this?

I am considering buying one just to be able to fill plastic bottles off the kegerator and then pressurize the bottles. Maybe not worth the expense, but seems better and easier than hooking up the counter-pressure bottle filler (which I never been able to get the hang of and usually involves foam and messes).

Latest posts

Back