Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping > 50-50 Eclipses

Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
JLem
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 176 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well, I just found a second, different, bottle shop that is also carrying these...not quite the selection nor the quantity, but cheaper ($30). It seems to me that perhaps these are not as rare around here as I had originally thought.

My Beer Cellar

Old 07-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
MrNickVT
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1004 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem
Well, I just found a second, different, bottle shop that is also carrying these...not quite the selection nor the quantity, but cheaper ($30). It seems to me that perhaps these are not as rare around here as I had originally thought.
It may not be rare to you. But it can be rare to others outside of the distribution area. I have zero access to 50-50 stuff.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #23
JLem
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 176 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNickVT

It may not be rare to you. But it can be rare to others outside of the distribution area. I have zero access to 50-50 stuff.
I hear you. Guess I'm just being gun-shy over the price. PM me if you have a trade suggestion...I like pretty much all styles, sour/funky included. Like I mentioned before...I don't really know what I should be looking for that I can't get here.

My Beer Cellar

Old 07-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 339 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post

I hear you. Guess I'm just being gun-shy over the price. PM me if you have a trade suggestion...I like pretty much all styles, sour/funky included. Like I mentioned before...I don't really know what I should be looking for that I can't get here.
Go to one of the beer rating sites. Look at their top 100 beers. Start there. Some you won't be able to get. You've got access to a $30 beer that others want to try, so you can get $30 worth from someone else.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #25
Dave1096
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
Last time I checked I could get Blue, Black, and Gold for $28 at my go to bottle shop. Even though that's not a bad price for what it is they kinda just sit on the shelf there and collect dust. They're good for trading, though, because only a few states get FiftyFifty distributed to them, and alot of people want to try it. I've had Black, and it's a great BA stout. I'd rather spend less for a Parabola or some KBS, but it's definitely good stuff.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #26
ZamaMan
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Okay well this might help I had rare beer tasting I hosted where we had some heady, hill farm, hunahpu, 2 cascade sours, fruet, and black wax eclipse of the 7 of us most rated it number 2 with a third or two. Overall it was second only heady on most peoples ratings.

For those local yeah I'd only buy maybe two at $30 since it is such a premium price compared to stuff like parabola and bcbs but if you order futures they are only 21 dollars or so which I'd pay that price all day. In fact I ordered a mix case of 2013 futures =]

Old 07-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #27
blizzard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 290 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I would check out the maw thread and see what people are asking for. That will give you an idea of what expensive/rare beers are popular out there.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
Dave1096
Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard View Post
I would check out the maw thread and see what people are asking for. That will give you an idea of what expensive/rare beers are popular out there.
I was offered two Heady 4-packs for a bottle of Evan Williams Eclipse on this site. Everything is relative...you just need to find somebody who wants what you have and has something you want.