Carbonation Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyCajun

Reaction score
I made a very big(OG1.086) bock style beer this winter. I conditioned it for over 3 months, re-racking at least twice till the flavor got really nice and smooth. The problem now is that after adding a bit of priming sugar and bottling I am getting no carbonation. I guess that waiting so long and multiple racking removed most/all of the yeast. Any advise on getting this batch to carbonate?

ThirstyCajun said:
I made a very big(OG1.086) bock style beer this winter. I conditioned it for over 3 months, re-racking at least twice till the flavor got really nice and smooth. The problem now is that after adding a bit of priming sugar and bottling I am getting no carbonation. I guess that waiting so long and multiple racking removed most/all of the yeast. Any advise on getting this batch to carbonate?

When did you bottle, how much priming sugar, what temp are the bottles, what yeast?

A beer that big conditioned that long could take 3 months or more to properly carbonate. You'll either need to be patient or add some dry yeast to each bottle

How long has it been in the bottles? At what temp?

+1 on what duboman said about this one likely taking an extra long time to carbonate.

Back