Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Finding the right Cider/Juice

Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
wiredpanic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Finding the right Cider/Juice

I've done a couple batches using the store bought cheaper juices and have been very surprised about how good they are. Now I wish to jump up to the big league and use some quality juice. Where I am now there is no fresh cider available until later in the fall and I am itching to start brewing a new batch now.

I was wondering if people could comment on the following:

1) Has anyone used Nash Brother Organic Juice?

It tastes delicious, but on the label there is no indication of preservatives. I was wondering if pasteurizing would be a good way to start it off to kill wild yeast, since I feel they would have labeled any chemicals used.

2) I've tried google and have been unsuccessful, so does anyone know any good websites for fresh cider?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Descender
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

the Nash Brothers label list only pasteurized apple juice. I would just pitch the rehydrated yeast right in.

In Stasis: Rocket fuel

Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

From what I understand, this US based business carries a wide selection of bulk fruits, juices, concentrates. No idea if they will sell to the individual, but they offer gift certificates, which leads me to think they may. http://www.colomafrozen.com/products.html

This one in CA, http://www.tropico2000.com/apple.htm