i bought a house - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > i bought a house

Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Chia
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Cape Girardeau, MO
Liked 77 Times on 16 Posts

so i bought my house about 12 years ago. It was in a really good neighborhood, and i had good relationships with my neighbors. only a few of us are still here because we invested in our houses, and now are facing huge problems. we finally got the Meth Cooks out after two years, and now there has been a home invasion half a block down. how can a neighborhood go to **** so quick? anyone want to by a house?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Lemon Grove, CA, CA
Liked 33 Times on 24 Posts

Yeah that is the one scary thing about home ownership. It is a long term thing (I never plan to leave mine) but things change and a neighborhood can go from idyllic family friendly utopia to gang infested hell hole pretty easy specially with the housing bubble bursting and economy going to crap. I have a friend who is like 1 of 3 families still living on their entire street... the whole subdivision is like that. It is a ghost town and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it when something like that happens but take care of yourself and hope it turns around.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!