fellow bottlers - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > fellow bottlers

Old 06-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
cbruce
Recipes 

Feb 2013

Does any of my fellow bottlers find your bottles of finely crafted homebrew disappear to all your family and friends? Lol I get super excited about how darn tootin good my beers have been turning out I want everyone to try'em and I go to my boxes...lol almost gone!

Time for a a few more new batches! ;-)

Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
wranglerx16
Recipes 

Nov 2011

Happens alot they just disappear . Especially since the batches have been getting even better!

Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
likafox
Recipes 

Jun 2013
, Michigan
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I cant make beer fast enough. Between me and my family/friends it doesnt last long.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
brewskisteve
Recipes 

May 2012
LI, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Lately, the wife has been taking them to her friends houses and friends atg work and just giving them away. Now everyone wants more and wants more. Actually had someone want a 6er to go to his brother in laws house down in NC with. The batch costed me 60 bucks to make and shes just giving the stuff out.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #5
mtnagel
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Liked 224 Times on 181 Posts

That doesn't happen to me. I guess I never give them the unopened bottle. I always just take them to parties or have parties here where I'm there to get them back!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5898 Times on 3469 Posts

between me & me, my bottles don't last long either. I think some A-hole keeps drinking them when I'm drunk.

I might be the A-hole.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
cbruce
Recipes 

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
between me & me, my bottles don't last long either. I think some A-hole keeps drinking them when I'm drunk.

I might be the A-hole.
Ha! That's great! Maybe that's my problem and I just don't remember it lol

Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
pkrath84
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Yorba Linda, CA
Liked 40 Times on 31 Posts

I have the exact same bottle. I just replenished my stock after giving all my belgian bottles away at my wedding.

A buddy of mine who just moved gave me a few growlers, so I'm just going to start kegging more. In the future I see myself only bottling gifts, etc.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3667 Times on 3151 Posts

Well,this is getting to be a new one for me. I gave the lawn care guy one of my dark hybrid lagers about a month or so ago. He shows up yesterday with his brother,bil,whatever & his son. I decided since I was outta smokes that I'd add some new parts to my engine before leaving. Bil sees me pop the hood,& tells them "hey,look at this". It's a tuner,so it's got some of the fast & furious kinda parts on it. The lawn care guy asks "hey,do you have anymore of those home made beers left?". I said,yeah,I got one left in the fridge,with some others I bought. So he gives the HB to his bil,we drink the bud light limes I had laying in there. So we sat there telling stories & drinkin beer. Bil really likes the dark hybrid lager. So I figured I'd put some more of the 3 styles I have ready in the fridge for next week. Kinda nice to get some feedback from non family. I just hope they don't start getting greedy with "free beer"...
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
MaxStout
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2013
Blaine, MN
Liked 1682 Times on 993 Posts

Last week we hosted a retirement party for a friend and about 40 guests, and I played "bartender." I didn't want people just helping themselves (I envisioned picking up dozens of 3/4-full bottles of my good homebrew after the party). So I did "tasters" -- I opened a couple bottles of one variety and poured in several small juice glasses. People sampled it and if they liked it I poured them a full one. Then the next variety, and so on. Sort of like at a taproom. If they didn't like the homebrew (a few didn't) there was commercial beer in the fridge for them.

I even won over a wine drinker who "didn't like beer." She tried one of my Kolsch beers and loved it.