Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > strains of Brett

Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #11
loftybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was trying to find a way to grab different strains of Brett from Universities and the like, and I don't remember the site, but there's a huge repository based in the UK that has dozens of Brett yeasts, some of which had some very interesting origins. All of the sites that I located made you buy in bulk at ridiculous rates or you had to be doing research at another University. I would love to see a variety of Brett strains made available

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 823 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by levifunk View Post
Brandon Jones (Embrace the Funk) and I have talked to some labs and are putting together a Brett Strain Guide.
you published your strain guide and didn't share the link with us - MEANIE!!!

<edited - see below>

wow, great resource. thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, you post the link in this thread - folks should go there to view & comment.

Drinking: black harvest ale (wet-hopped with homegrown hops), witbier, hoppy saison, local sour cherry kriek, oud bruin, gueuz'ish thing, saison bottled with ECY34
Fermenting: IPA w/ HBC-438 (thanks vinnie!), 2x saison w/ 3726, Ardennes BDSA
Aging: witbier with brett, TYB saison brett blend, Tripel'ish with brett, sour cherry mead, rye sour ECY20/ECY34 split, several other sours, acerglyn, and probably some stuff i've lost track of...