Rogue IT manager ad - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Rogue IT manager ad

Old 06-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
domdom
Recipes 

Apr 2012
St. Louis, MO
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

stop me if you've heard this one.... seems like a very snarky way to post a job ad. sorry if this has already been posted.
http://i.imgur.com/cfGFm5j.png

Old 06-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts

Weird...

I for one would not accept an IT job that has that much responsibility for $50k...

Not sure who they think they are but generally employees are mercenaries and you get what you pay for.

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

isleofman Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
tyzippers
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Meadville, PA
Liked 412 Times on 307 Posts

Who the fook would take that job?! At least they are honest in what they're looking for.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
TomSD
Da Geek

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Lemon Grove, CA, CA
Liked 33 Times on 24 Posts

There is no f'n way, lol. I like the ad and I like the attitude but you get what you pay for and unless they want some kid with Google skills and a willingness to risk their network on the first hit that "sounds legit" they are way low balling.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Mongrel
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Sisters, Oregon
Liked 238 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post
There is no f'n way, lol.
That's the right response before Rogue puts you through FU University. They do some really cool stuff, but they're the last brewery I'd want to work for.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
StMarcos
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Sebastopol, CA
Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

That's a very unprofessional posting for any position any company might be hiring for. Smarmy would be a good word to use. The problem is not the posting but the person who wrote it. Maybe just a portal to "what this world is coming to." What a shame.

kh54s10 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Considering how they treat warehouse and packaging employees, it's no surprise. Another good reason to never buy Rogue beer, if the beer itself and the companies union busting weren't enough.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
caver95
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Fort Myers, Florida
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

that's pretty bad. I work for and IT research and advisement firm and I think some of our analysts would get a kick out of the posting.

Their IT maturity looks to be a zero...

That also says a ton about their business. I would be horrified if I was an investor.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Ryush806

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGabe
Considering how they treat warehouse and packaging employees, it's no surprise. Another good reason to never buy Rogue beer, if the beer itself and the companies union busting weren't enough.
I like their beer. Mostly because that's the only brew I can get from the Pacific Northwest. Didn't know about them treating employees like crap though. If you're homebrewing It can be all about the beer but there are certain standards you need to keep up for a business. I'm sure Rogue doesn't believe it but your employees really are your greatest asset.

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts

I worked for Rogue, they're actually one of the best companies out there... IF you have a backbone. Are you willing to laugh at the owner and say "F**k you, Jack"? If you have the guts to do so, he will love you and you can do no wrong. If my life circumstances were such that I could be living in Newport, I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat.