Dull ugly kettle - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Dull ugly kettle
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Monster Mash
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Castaic, CA
Posts: 1,323
Liked 91 Times on 70 Posts


My pots came out of a scrap yard and had paint on them, once the paint was off they looked very dull like yours. I used Bar Keepers friend and a green 3M scrubby pad and made sure I scrubbed in one direction with a thick paste of BKF.

They turned out nice and shiny with minimal work.



__________________
My 1BBL Brewery Pics

MDhokiehb Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Chupidacabra
Recipes 
 
May 2013
Posts: 383
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak
looks like your standard pro kitchen stock pot, very nice find. does it have a ball valve? pretty cheap add on if it doesn't and you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
No ball valve, been thinking about it though. Any good sites for quality parts?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Chupidacabra
Recipes 
 
May 2013
Posts: 383
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Mash
My pots came out of a scrap yard and had paint on them, once the paint was off they looked very dull like yours. I used Bar Keepers friend and a green 3M scrubby pad and made sure I scrubbed in one direction with a thick paste of BKF.

They turned out nice and shiny with minimal work.
Yours look awesome, good inspiration to make this thing look good.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
eastoak
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
oakland, california
Posts: 3,287
Liked 158 Times on 148 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupidacabra View Post
No ball valve, been thinking about it though. Any good sites for quality parts?
brew hardware and bargain fittings are both members here and sell top notch stuff at good prices, i've bought plenty from both places. they will help you with anything you want to know about the fittings and how to install them.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
Chupidacabra
Recipes 
 
May 2013
Posts: 383
Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak
looks like your standard pro kitchen stock pot, very nice find. does it have a ball valve? pretty cheap add on if it doesn't and you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
Damnit eastoak now iv gone and spent another hundred dollars on a sight glass setup and a ball valve from that site.

Really, though, thanks for the tip. Will make my brew day that much easier and more accurate.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Pale Ale Ugly Kettle Pale Ale (Top APA in Local Comp) BierMuncher Homebrew Ale Recipes 5 09-10-2014 03:21 AM
Dull smell in the primary fermenter. Watson79 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 5 04-17-2013 03:34 AM
Troubleshooting dull flavors? mmonacel All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 15 09-22-2011 02:24 AM
A lot of craft beers seem dull now beerandloathinginaustin General Beer Discussion 30 08-04-2011 08:29 AM


Forum Jump