Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Ghetto brewing project.
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
hoppedup75
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Two weeks left and your going to risk it with some BS like this. Trust me, health and wellfares are the 401st staple. Good luck and one hell of a way to end your career. Oh and seek some help with the alcoholism, I have seen to many buddies come home just to die on there return weekend. Some being the drunk, some from the drunk.

Not to be a buzzkill but you guys are really messing with a whole lot of unknowns. Get some books, do some studying and get your equipment sorted out. You just might learn that getting "tore up" aint the answer.

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Walk away and wait until you reach civilization to start any homebrew adventures. Being the daughter, wife, and mother of men who have served in the military and during/in wartime....I think you need to step back and look at where you are & remember what you are supposed to be doing & what you represent. As a citizen, I am a bit ticked. Seriously guys? And I hope your battle buddy is smart enough to get some help. The situation is stressful enough, but alcoholism on top of it is hell.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Poobah58
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppedup75 View Post
Two weeks left and your going to risk it with some BS like this. Trust me, health and wellfares are the 401st staple. Good luck and one hell of a way to end your career. Oh and seek some help with the alcoholism, I have seen to many buddies come home just to die on there return weekend. Some being the drunk, some from the drunk.

Not to be a buzzkill but you guys are really messing with a whole lot of unknowns. Get some books, do some studying and get your equipment sorted out. You just might learn that getting "tore up" aint the answer.
I think you're messing with the unknown. If it sucks, don't drink it. It will make a nice vinegar at worst case. These guys are are putting their lives on the line for us and need some kind of stress relief. Don't judge them until your in their shoes!

Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
Dak19Delta
Recipes 

My apologies, we are not really alcoholics. It was my attempt at humor. We are not overly worried about legal reprucussions, as we are a small unit on a small FOB. The idea from the project originally started from a barbeque that we are having in a week to celebrate a birthday and end of deployment. We have done our research, and are controlling the project down to the littlest detail. We are documenting everything. This isn't entirely about us getting drunk, it's more to prove that we can do it, in a scientific way with common material that we have laying around and do it successfully.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
hoppedup75

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Poobah58;
I am in there shoes. Got here on Sept 17th 2012.

On a public site, openly stateing that your breaking a GO1 order (felony) on a server conection provided by the gov't. (sniperhill included) thats being logged with MAC address is not the brightest idea.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #16
mxstar21

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sorry, but you and your friend are dirtbags and should not be in the military. There is reason alcohol is prohibited during deployments. I hope you guys get caught and reap the punishments.

Yes, I am in the Army, and just returned from Afghanistan last October. I have 3 deployments and tons of TDY's under my belt.

If you have problems get help, otherwise please get caught before you do something stupid.
The_Happy_Dachshund_Brewe Likes This 
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1247 Times on 856 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

I'm closing this thread because:

1) its about making hooch
2) its about getting drunk, not about making good beer
3) the OP is posting about an activity that for him is illegal
4) it seems likely to me that its trollish

OP, you're welcome here on HBT, but don't start a thread like this again.

Closed Thread