I Disapprove - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I Disapprove

Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Liked 1045 Times on 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
In other news, I totally have a giant crush on Jenna Marbles. My wife isnt thrilled, but she understands.
Apparently, she has over eight million subscribers and (as of April 12, 2013) over one billion total video views on YouTube. I never heard of her. I disapprove how out of touch I am.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Hey I fully support the right for others to get onion on their sandwiches if they enjoy it. Personally, I think something that tastes that strongly should be an option that comes with a warning.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME
Liked 533 Times on 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer View Post
My local coffee shop sells green coffee beans by the "pound". However, their "pound" is only 12 oz. I acknowledge that it says so in small type at the bottom of their sign. I disapprove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
If you are going to sell me a 12oz package of coffee beans, nut up and sell me a 12oz. package of coffee beans. Especially if you are a small business, the trust of your customers should be paramount.
They start with a pound of "green" beans... which, once roasted, nets about 12oz.

That's how those bastards can get away with that crap.

And while we're at it.. go to a gas station, ask for EXACTLY one gallon, then DEMAND your 1/10th of a cent in change.

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Apparently, she has over eight million subscribers and (as of April 12, 2013) over one billion total video views on YouTube. I never heard of her. I disapprove how out of touch I am.
She's pretty and incredibly funny. Plus she rants, and she's a pet lover. Me gusta.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

Quote:
I disapprove that I haven't found any videos of her on xhamster.

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Liked 1045 Times on 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmcq View Post
They start with a pound of "green" beans... which, once roasted, nets about 12oz.

That's how those bastards can get away with that crap.

And while we're at it.. go to a gas station, ask for EXACTLY one gallon, then DEMAND your 1/10th of a cent in change.
But I was buying green beans, so if that's their logic they should have given me the full 16 oz so that I would end up with 12 oz after I roast them. So simply tell me when I ask for a pound that they sell in 12oz increments.

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
maxamuus
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Utah
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

http://www.wetv.com/shows/pregnant-and-dating

Yup a reality show where you are knocked up with "some other dudes baby" and are on the dating scene.... I disapprove.

Is there anything they haven't thought up for a reality show? Really they should come over and film me... drinking beer...surfing the interwebs... and itching my a$$ and dangly man parts. I honestly think that would be better TV then Pregnant and Dating.

BrerRabbitBrew Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #28
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

Quote:
But I was buying green beans, so if that's their logic they should have given me the full 16 oz so that I would end up with 12 oz after I roast them. So simply tell me when I ask for a pound that they sell in 12oz increments.
Maybe they mean metric pounds?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
kaconga
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
Liked 147 Times on 111 Posts

Complaining to me about anything other than me. I don't care how mad you are at some random stranger. It's not my problem you are scared of confrontation. I disapprove.

People Like This 
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 489 Times on 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmcq View Post
I really disapprove of random ranting on random forums. People who do that usually have Facebook statuses that make a jilted teenage girl's diary look well-adjusted..
a-fing-men.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

"A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

brewmcq Likes This